|Braathen Dendrokronologiska Undersökningar|
Siene parish church is situated about 65 km north-east of Gothenburg and is a cavity wall church.
The chancel has originally been square (without apse), but in the 18th century was extended for more space to the sides. Its eastern wall remains original.
The northern outer capping piece of the wall plate is dated. Bore-cores were taken in two positions. The east end of the capping piece corresponds to the top end of the oak-tree. The outermost annual ring in a position with curved surface is dated to 1191. Sapwood is missing, but if the curved surface is the border between heartwood and sapwood the oak-tree was felled in the period 1204 - 1207.